Fave Mini Book Workshop : Now Open for Enrollment
I'm excited to announce that my Mini Book Workshop at Studio Calico is now enrolling. Come make a mini with me and document your favorite things! Note : this post contains several videos if you'd rather watch or listen, than read.
You know my love for mini books runs deep and I couldn't be happier with the way this Fave album turned out. Bonus : it was crazy simple + fun to put together too. Let me tell you a bit about the class.
- 5 Lessons on topics like incorporating memorabilia and my assembly process.
- 4 Videos, including a screencast of how I collage my square photos for easy printing, and a walkthrough of my completed mini book.
- A PDF prompt printable to help you brainstorm what favorite things you want to include in your album.
- Cost : $10 (or you can enroll in all four 2017 Mini Book Workshops for just $30.)
- Class content will be available on September 15. I'll be hanging out on the message board to answer questions and give guidance (and challenges!) too. This album is fun and easy and I want you to come away with a finished mini book by the end of our time together!
- Enrollment ends on October 15.
If you need some inspiration in the product department, there is an amazing class kit that coordinates perfectly with this theme - and it's available for purchase (separate from the class) in the Studio Calico shop. Check out Lyra here and watch my unboxing video below. This was my first time seeing it in person!
Last spring, I had the opportunity to give some ideas of what I'd like to see in this kit. Everything from the color scheme to the stamp set and journaling cards. It's exactly what I imagined! The cards and stamp set where designed by One Little Bird and I'm in love.
The stamp set is my favorite and I used it a lot in my mini book. The album I used is a We R Memory Keepers 4x4 Album and if you are familiar with them, they come with 4x4 page protectors, as well as divided page protectors with (4) 2x2 pockets. The stamp set includes a square frame stamp that is just smaller than 2x2, with a narrow block to stamp in one of 14 words or phrases, or write in your own. You can see it in action in the short (silent) video below :
The class kit includes :
- 18 double-side journaling cards
- (1) 3x4 stamp set
- white acrylic letters to spell out FAVE
- enamel crosses
Of course, as soon as I opened everything up, I had to get it organized! I keep a few IKEA Antonius baskets in my scrap room to consolidate different projects, along with my inks, kit and extra supplies. I added some Color Theory Alphabet Stickers, Clips and Monthly Tabs to my basket. In the video below, you can see how I organized it all :
The Lyra kit is available in the Studio Calico shop now for $24.99.
MEMORY-KEEPING FUN FOR ALL
This mini book theme is fun for anyone to document and you could totally do this project with a family member or friends. My 9-year-old, Morgan, filled out her prompt page last weekend and she's been taking photos with her iPod so she can start her own mini book. So cute!
WANT TO SEE MORE?
You can see more sneaks in my Instagram feed (@nicolereaves) or use the hashtag #scfavemini. There are also more photos here on the class sign-up page. I'm excited to get started and hope to see you in class!