Five for Friday : January Favorites
I thought it might be fun to document my favorite things each month this year. This is the kind of stuff I always love to look back at, and I may even add a version of this for my kids in our Project Life album too. Here are five things I'm loving in January :
1. The Home T : I got this tee for Christmas and it's my absolute favorite thing to wear right now. Even in the dead of winter - with an oversized cardigan of course. It's so, so soft and I've already washed it a half dozen times and have seen zero shrinkage. The size guide was totally accurate for me too.
2. Kuretake brush pen : I'm hoping to be more consistent with my lettering practice this year and try some new pens in the process. This brush pen is inexpensive and the ink flows really nicely - unlike other brush pens I've tried. I also love the texture in the edges of my letters and the ability to go from thin to thick. It's definitely a fun alternative to using a separate brush with ink or paint.
3. The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck : OMG, this book. It's so funny and yet so spot-on at the same time. The author often references Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, so if you've already read that, you'll totally be nodding your head. Using her NotSorry Method, the author gives you legit ideas for doing what you want with who you want without being a jerk, and not caring about what other people think about you (and likewise, not letting other people's different views on life, etc. annoy you). It's entertaining, laugh-out-loud advice if you don't mind all of the f-bombs.
4. Izola Supplies Pouch : I spied this little bag in Tina's Instagram feed months ago and loved it. It's big enough for whatever my 'supplies' may be. Sometimes I use it for all of the little loose stuff that seems to float around in my purse (lip gloss, tissues, notebooks and pens), or lately I've been putting some art journal supplies in it to play with while I wait in the car for the kids to get out of school. Either way, I love the size and the lining makes it easy to wipe out my inevitable messes.
5. Orla Kiely Giant Holdall Bag : I go on several 2-day trips a year and have been looking for a cute weekender bag (not the ugly duffle bag I usually use) forever. I finally found this one last month and I'm in love. Can you be in love with a bag? I say yes. The color, the pattern, the size - it's exactly what I wanted. Even Mark said he was impressed with how nice it is - so that made me super happy. Now I need to make some plans so I can break it in!
So, enable me. What do you love right now?
And have a great weekend!