Project Life 2015 : Weeks 17 + 18
I'm thrilled to be keeping up with my Project Life this year, but felt the desire to mix up my usual supply stash and process for this spread. I got out several of my Clearly Kelly stamp sets (love versatility and the 3x4 size!) and started stamping away!
Lots of everyday stuff these two weeks - sunshine, warmth and all things spring. A healthy dose of creative time, outdoor time and we finally finally found somewhere to process + renew our passports. Mark and I also celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. Here are a few fun things to note about how I put my spread together :
- It's hard to avoid using pink and purple when I have a 6-year old girl running around, and this spread has a fair amount of it. I tried to keep the layout balanced with those bright colors and added Jamaica's love card along with the photos of Morgan's handmade Minecraft girl and our growing peonies.
- We've been talking a lot about Parker starting kindergarten in the fall and I'm so happy he is excited about it. It could be worse. I used this Clearly Kelly Outline Alpha set along with various Color Theory inks to make a bold quote card.
- After getting our passports processed, I saved one of the application pages and trimmed it down to 4x6, then printed tiny versions of our passports photos and stapled them on. They look like little mugshots! I used the Shadow Letters set to stamp "approved!" across the top.
- To keep the LOVE card simple, the journaling had to be low-key. I just handwrote a single sentence on vellum and cut it into strips. Then I stitched through the strips vertically and added the date.
- I left some space at the top of the 3x4 photo of me walking, but wasn't quite sure what to add there. Some type of label or diecut is my typical go-to, but I ended up stamping a row of icons from this Planner Icons stamp set over my typed journaling and I think this is one of my favorite cards in this spread! I used the checkmark from the same set in the bottom right photo, showing some of the things we got done that weekend. I really like this black and this white ink on (glossy) photos.
I realized after I photographed my completed pages that I also didn't round the corners like I have been this year. And I kinda like it, so I'm going to leave it alone. We'll see if I continue to do so in future weeks.
Extras for this spread : Clearly Kelly stamp sets - Outline Alphabet, Daily Life, Take Note, Food Coma, Documented Stamp + Cut, Shadow Letters, Planner Icons, Happy Place ; Clearly Kelly Sticky Notes ; Love letterpress card ; Upcoming Year Card Set ; Spring Card and Sticker Set ; Maker Card Set ; On My Desk Wood Veneer ; various Color Theory inks ; Hero Arts Blackboard and Unicorn White ink pads.