Project Life 2015 : Weeks 21 + 22
Last week, I went through all of my Story Kits and pulled out the 3x4 and 4x6 journaling cards and put them with the rest of my Project Life stash. I don't always remember to use them, unless I have the most recent kit out on my desk, so I think this is going to work out much better. In this two-week spread, I focused on using many of the cards from the Little Things kit, as well as lots of Clearly Kelly stamping.
I don't know if it's the bright supplies or the return of blue skies and green grass, but these late spring layouts always make me happy. This is late May - the weeks before and after Memorial Day. We are starting to spend a lot more time outside, Parker is gaining confidence in riding his bike after we put training wheels on, and the back patio is so close to being done.
Some of my favorite pockets include :
- The Clearly Kelly Outline Alpha on the blue umbrella / blue sky photo. I stamped it in this new (and juicy) white ink and am really happy with the results.
- New sidewalk chalk with the 'yes' chipboard sticker from the Story Kit.
- Morgan is all about taking showers instead of baths now. Love those little feet peeking under the gap in our shower door. Don't forget to get down low for a new perspective!
- I added journaling lines to the "current little favorites" card with yellow watercolor before handwriting my journaling on the card. I think it helps the card pop a little more.
- I used the lines and checkbox stamp in the Clearly Kelly Take Note set and stamped it on the teal Friday Sticky Note (masking off the edges with post-its to keep it contained within the white border) to note our dinner that night.
- On the top right photo, I added some typed journaling about Parker riding his big boy bike before I printed the photo. I stamped "you got this" from the Clearly Kelly Daily Life stamp set with Clean Slate ink on the yellow polka dot chipboard arrow from the Little Things Story kit before adhering it over my journaling. Crazy simple and done.
I also added the June Upcoming Year card even though it wasn't quite June yet. I won't be making a spread for the first week of June since I'm documenting a Week in the Life, so, close enough for me.
Extras for this spread : Ali Edwards Little Things Story Kit ; Clearly Kelly stamp sets - Outline Alphabet, Daily Life, Take Note, Live Big, Scored Tabs Stamp and Cut, Planner Icons, Yes Please ; Clearly Kelly Sticky Notes ; Kelly Purkey Love List Mini in Minutes kit ; Upcoming Year Card Set ; various Color Theory inks ; Seven Paper Amelia 010 patterned paper ; Hero Arts Blackboard and Unicorn White ink pads.